Wednesday, August 20, 2014

First Day of First Grade and Boo Boo School

We started school last week. I have a First Grader!!! I also have a 3 year old who wants to do everything that Lily and I do. So we ventured into our second year of home schooling and my attempts and Pre- School. Or as we called it, Boo Boo School.

On a side note, Henry is now starting to call Lily "Wily". He hasn't been calling her Dee Dee nearly as often. I'm a little sad. If you ask him what his name is, though, he will always say, "I'm Boo Boo."

Our first week of school was a little different this year. We started on a Thursday, which I know is such a weird day to start. I had to squeeze in a couple of extra days because we are going on a trip soon and we will miss a whole week of school. Not only did we start at the end of the week; but we had visitors with us. Our friends Bekah and Hannah joined us, while their mom had to go on a trip. It was kind of fun to actually have a little class to do school with. Lily and Henry had some friends to play with as well.

Because we had guests and it was the first two days of school we didn't jump into all the subjects. (We tried that Monday.) We did some fun beginning of the year activities, had a scavenger hunt for school supplies, made puffy paint and ended the week with a trip for ice cream.

Here's our first two days of school with friends.

Our Annual First Day of School Pancake Breakfast with hot chocolate, whipped cream and sprinkles.

Yup, that's more like it!

Our friends got to join us. Hannah is going into Kindergarten and Bekah into 2nd. I had Kindergarten, First and Second!



 Henry got his "school box" with crayons, truck erasers, Lightning McQueen stickers,  and a spiderman flashlight pen. Thank you Dollar Store! Those erasers kept him busy for quite awhile.
 Doesn't she look so studious???


 Each kiddo got their first day of school snack with their grade on it.

 Henry with his buddy Hannah.



They loved their special snacks.
And of course, the official first day photo shoot.

 Love this girl.
Here's to a great year! Praying for a lot of learning and lot of special memories.

2 comments:

Sarah Kuhner said...

How cute! Loved all the pictures. The girls loved every minute of school with you. Thanks for taking care of them. Lilly is so cute.

nikkinicolealison said...

I wish I could someday homeschool my kids but ... I would want you to do it!! The first day of school snacks? The assignments? You're an amazing teacher!!!!! I love seeing how happy they are and Lily looks SO grown up sitting there writing.
Where does the time go!? Henry was being born when I met Andy! AHHHHH!
You're such a cool, wonderful, amazing Mom.