Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hello 2012 !

2012 is in full swing. I love a brand new year mainly for one reason. I love to make New Year resolutions. Quite honestly I hardly ever succeed at them but I love to make them. Each year I wistfully say to myself, "Maybe this year I'll do it....."

Last year I thought the key to success was being very specific in my resolutions. This year, though, I think being a bit more open-ended might help me meet the mark. So some are very specific and some aren't.

A couple nights ago I watched The Biggest Loser for the very first time. First of all... I'm hooked. Second, the mantra for this season is "No Excuses". This really hit home for me. I think it just might be my mantra for this year.

  1. Blog/Write more....watch TV less. (Darn you Grey's Anatomy on Net Flix!!)

  2. Lose 20 pounds by summer, 25 by our trip to Hawaii then keep it off. (Yes, you read that correctly. Hawaii in October.)

  3. Move more with my kids....walks, excersize. This should help with #2.

  4. Read 12 books. Why 12? One a month. Even though it's taken me 2 months to read The Help I'm really looking forward to this one.

  5. Learn to sew.

  6. Be more consistent in my quiet time. Now honestly, I fail miserably at this one every year. So my strategy for this year is to commit to going to a weekly Bible Study. This keeps me accountable and gives me a weekly goal to work towards.

I feel like these are actually attainable goals. So here's to 2012 and No Excuses.


No comments: