Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

I love Easter! I love Easter dresses, Easter baskets, and the Easter morning service at church.

This morning, I was thinking about how important Easter is. If you asked me what my favorite holiday is, I'd say Christmas hands down. If you asked me what the most important holiday is, though, I'd say Easter.

Without Easter, Christmas is just a fun, feel good holiday. It's just a time to get together with family, eat lots of cookies, spend money on presents and  watch holiday movies.

Without Christ dieing on the cross and, most importantly, rising on the third day, the birth and life of Jesus would just be an interesting historical tale.

Thank you, Lord, for sending your Son to take my place and pay the price for my sins, for giving me the hope and promise of heaven, with you, forever.

Oh, and did I mention I just love to take family pictures on these special days? Because they always turn out so well! Ha!

Happy Easter! He is Risen. He is Risen Indeed.







No comments: