Monday, September 17, 2012

Your Dear Daughter Lily

I've been dying to blog!

"Why haven't you, then?" you may ask.

Well everything around Case de Bauer has been breaking down. Our car, not one but both of our computers, and our dryer has started to eat our clothes. Oh yeah, and one of my bras mysteriously got torn apart. That was probably TMI; but that's the way things have been around here lately.

So, no computer means no blogging.

We are  borrowing a laptop at the moment.

I've been chomping at the bit to get some thoughts down and had several  posts just waiting to be written; but then something so ridiculously cute happened that I must document it.

I went in to Lily's room to tuck her in and read her the Arthur book she'd picked at the school library this morning. She was sitting on the edge of her bed, legs dangling, with a small piece of paper in her hands. She had "written" a note in brown colored pencil.

"Mommy, I wrote you a note!"

"Will you read it to me?"

And this is what she "read"......

"Dear Mother,

I love you so much. You are so beautiful. You buy me things I never had before. Sometimes you  buy me candy; sometimes you don't. I love you so much.

Your Dear Daughter,
Lily

She was so proud of herself. It was one of those moments I just never want to forget.

Did I feel like the most loved mom in the world? You betcha.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love it - - - so glad you wrote it down!!!! Lil is the best!

Wendy said...

That is adorable. Lily is such a doll, and I love those moments that remind us we really do have the best job in the world.