Tuesday, September 25, 2012

It's Fall Ya'll

It's fall Ya'll!  Yes, yes I knew I couldn't really pull that off. I'm not from Georgia or South Carolina. I had to say it just once, though.

This is by far my favorite season. At no other time during the year do I want to emerse myself in seasonal things like I do when it its fall. And there is something about October 1st that thrills me. You'd think it would be the actual first day of fall, which was Saturday. But no, October is a magical month for me.

To me October is  

 red and orange trees
 crisp, evening walks
 mornings where I snuggle up under the blankets with the kids
 vintage halloween decorations
 pumpkins, lots of pumpkins
 gourds, colorful, mishapen, bumpy gourds
 dressing up for Halloween
 apple cider
 long sleeves
 the pumpkin patch, at least twice, if not more
 breaking out the fall decorations
 crunchy leaves
 It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
 Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks
 Pumpkin Bread
 The anticipation of the Holiday season and doing fun things with family and friends
                               
Oh, and Christmas music. Yes, I'm one of those nerds. I break out the  Bing Crosby, Carpenter's and Bare Naked Ladies Christmas CD's before the month is through. (This year, we will probably be listening to our Pandora Station a lot.)

While our computers are on the fritz, I don't have access to my pictures and cannot download any from my camera. I miss posting pics on the blog. You'll have to imagine a lovely fall scene instead.

Happy Fall Everyone!

No comments: