Monday, April 29, 2013

The Mighty Henry

My little guys is 22 months today. Can you believe it?

In two shakes he'll be 2. Unbelievable.

I supposed I should be better about journaling his monthly milestones. Not so much for the general public but for myself. For being a lover of writing, I'm not very good at writing all those little tidbits down.

April is actually a good month to write about what's going on in the life of Henry (as if the facebook status updates aren't enough for you) becaue April has been the month that Henry as decided to finally talk.

He's saying real words......that I can understand. I'm just a little excited. It makes communicating a whole lot easier, let me tell ya. He still babbles that cute baby babble. The kid has  a lot to say. It was probably really frustrating to him that nobody had a clue what he was saying.

One day, the light bulb went off. He said, "cars" while playing with his cars. I did a double take.

Than came shoes, J J (our dog Jackson), nana (banana) and baby. He had only been saying mommy, daddy, hello and bye.

So the new one lately is "cracker". Today he blew me away with "cheese". He was trying to say "waffle" this morning. I know other kids his age have been talking for months. But this mama is very proud and excited that we can have these little convos now. (That's my cool lingo for conversation!)

April was also the month we moved him out of his crib and into a bed.

"Why so early?" you may ask.

We couldn't keep the little monkey in his crib, that's why. It was rough going at first; but he actually caught on to this new concept quicker than I thought. We never actually find him in his bed when we check on him later in the evening; but he goes to sleep pretty quickly and has, for the most part, quit knocking on his door to get out.

So 22 months has been monumental. I was kinda hoping he'd have more hair by now; but oh, well. At least he doesn't look completely bald anymore. My goal is to give a two year old update which means I better go write a five year old update for Lily, since she turned five about four months ago.

Now what would an update be without some super cute pictures?









2 comments:

Sarah Kuhner said...

What a fun post. I so love Henry. He is such a cute little ball of energy. His face just makes me smile. I love the picture of him looking over your shoulder.

Jen Bauer said...

Thanks, Sarah. One of my favorites, too.