Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas!!


So I decided to bake cookies this year. Just sugar ones so Lil and I can cut out shapes and then decorate them at Grandma Lillian's tomorrow. I'm no Martha Stewart so of course, I ruined the first batch by putting in baking soda instead of baking powder. No matter. If the second batch doesn't work out, I can always buy premade sugar cookies to decorate, right?

Before I tackle the dishes, I'm just taking a moment to listen to Christmas music and look at my tree. I love the way it looks with all the presents underneath it. It's so beautiful. It almost makes me sad to think that in just two days, they'll all be gone. No more anticipation, no more suspense, no more "Did he get what I think he got me?" Until then, I'm going to savor these last couple days.

This morning when Lily and got up she noticed a new rain jacket I got for her yesterday. She exclaimed, "Is that for me? Is that for me? It's so beautiful!!" Then she saw new Dora bubble bath and some Christmas sprinkles I picked up at Target yesterday. These were just essential items, not presents. Yet she continued, "Dora bubbles for me? Sprinkles for me?" She was beside herself. It was so darn cute. I can't wait to see how she'll react when she gets actual presents.


Merry Christmas!

No comments: