Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Thank You, Lord!

I love our weekly chapels at school. I'm always extremely blessed by the speaker, the class putting on chapel or the music we sing. I love it because not only do I get to stop in the middle of a busy morning and worship God, my students get to hear God's Word being taught. (One of the many reason I'm Pro-Christian education. But that's another post for another time.)

I've been teaching for several years and there is one thing I never get tired of......hearing children sing praises to the Lord. I had two especially emphatic singers sitting on either side of me this morning. It was awesome to hear them belt out to God.

Children are so transparent, so uninhibited and sincere. I wish I could be so bold in my worship. I am on the inside, but have trouble showing it on the outside. We should be like children in our worship to God, so genuine and unaware of what others think.

I took a great lesson from my students today. One I hope, little bit by little bit, to put into practice.

Thank you, Lord.

No comments: