Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Bug Has Hit the Bauer House

(I actually wrote this a week ago; but the computer was having major technical difficulties. Couldn't let a good post go to waste though.)

Yikes! It's been awhile. I really need to work on that New Year's Resolution of writing more and watching less T.V. But, come on................. Worst Cooks In America, Once Upon A Time, Smash, The Voice!!! It's hard to keep up.

Anywho..... the last 5 days in the Bauer house have been filled with fever, cough and unfortunately poop. Yes, I said it....poop. It started with Lily having a fever on Thursday night. This fever continued until Monday accompanied with a cough, achiness and eventually the big "d". "D" is such an ugly word. I don't even like to say it out loud, let alone spell it out. But really, I'm never sure how to spell it. You know what I'm talking about though.

The fever and cough and "d" weren't such a big deal. Been there done that. But I've never done it with 2 kids before. That's where things got tough. Oh, and Thursday through Sunday night Andy works. I get him about 4 hours out of the day. So that's fun. (Please note sarcasm.)

Before when Lily would get sick, I could drop just about everything. Cuddle up with her and cater to her. That's a challenge with a little one who constantly needs you to feed him and hold him and rock him. And trying to keep Lily from spreading her germs to Henry was a feat on its own. I walked around for 4 days with a canister of Lysol wipes in my mommy holster.

I felt guilty not giving her more attention. It's the challenge of having 2 I guess.

By Sunday I was chomping at the bit to get out of the house. I was having a serious case of cabin fever. I needed fresh air, adult conversation. Those 2 hours out saved my state of mind. Fortunately I had planned to see a movie with friends.

We seem to be somewhat on the mend. No more fever but I'm afraid we still have the big "d" to deal with. Which I'm afraid has turned into the terrible "c". I'm sure you can figure that one out.

I did manage to take some really cute pictures of the kiddos while we were quarantined. I know you are dying to see them. Waiting for the cookies.
Yeah, she ended up being the only one eating those cookies. Found out she had a fever soon after that.

Who is that handsome little man?
Love......those........cheeks

No comments: