Saturday, April 14, 2012

Mommy, I Like You.

We had family visiting today, my sister and brother - in - law. It was my sister's birthday on Tuesday, mine was last Tuesday and today is my parent's 39th wedding anniversary. Pretty cool, huh? Because of all that the kids and I were out late tonight. Driving home, I thought they'd both fall asleep; but they didn't. Just a few moments from home and I hear this quiet little voice pop up from the back, "Mommy, I like you."

"I like you, too, Sweetie."

A little quieter I heard the voice say, "I just like you."

There's this feeling I get sometimes. I don't feel it very often; because, quite honestly, I let the little things in life bog me down way too easily. But I felt it tonight. It came in like a quiet, deep rush and just filled me up. I felt completely happy.

I didn't feel lonely or misunderstood. I didn't feel overwhelmed or frustrated. I didn't feel the negative feelings I let myself feel at times.

My heart began to overflow with thankfulness to God for both of my children. I immediately thought of the gift I have in Andy and what an amazing husband he is. My thoughts always go back to the birth of Henry because it rocked my world. I thought of the last couple of years and how faithful God has been through the mountains and valleys. And I thought of a favorite song of mine by Steven Curtis Chapman, "Be still".

So I popped in the CD I had listened to earlier that day and I did exactly that. I pulled into my driveway just as the song began to play. I was still. My heart was so full of love for my Savior. He has never left my side. He is always faithful. He loves me.

The hard stuff, though it is painful and scary, is what makes us see so clearly how faithful He is. And it's what makes those sweet moments of pure joy so much sweeter.

If you read this and listen to the song, I encourage you for just a few moments to Be Still.




2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Great post - I needed it!

Wendy said...

Beautiful...I loved this.