Thursday, November 24, 2011

Plenty To Be Thankful For

Thanksgiving is drawing to a close and Andy and I are closing out the holiday in style. The children are tucked into their beds and we are sitting on the couch eating leftovers and watching Planes, Trains and Automobiles. We watch this movie every Thanksgiving. It's a must see if you've never seen it.

To say I have a lot to be thankful for is such an understatement, especially this year. But as my family went around the table and each expressed what they were thankful for, I realized what a blessing I have in growing up in a Christian home. I'm so thankful that my parents, sisters, brother-in-laws and husband love the Lord and are walking with Him. We could talk openly and honestly about what God is doing in our lives. It's such a joy to pass that on to Lily and Henry.

I could go on for quite awhile about all the things I am thankful for but I'll keep it short and sweet. I am thankful for who I am in Christ. I am thankful that I do not have to walk through life just doing "whatever". God has a purpose and plan for each day of my life. I'm thankful for the hard stuff because it has changed me for the better. I'm thankful for my parents who never stop being parents. I'm thankful for my sisters who truly are my best friends. I'm thankful for my health and the health of my family.

I'm thankful for this guy and the joy he gives me each day
when he looks at me and smiles. I'm in love with those huge
eyes and little bald head. He's made our family complete.




This face says it all. This little girl is my joy. She's one of a kind and each day with her is an adventure. I feel so lucky to be her mom.











This handsome man is the guy I get to walk
through life with. I can't imagine taking this
journey with anyone else. Everyday he makes
laugh and he takes such good care of us.


Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Sarah Kuhner said...

Great post on all you are thankful for. Plus I love your blog background.

Stephanie said...

Great post - loved reading it!