Monday, October 29, 2012

Woman's Daybook



For today, Monday, October 29, 2012

Outside my window... is my backyard, if I could see. It's very late.

I am thinking...    that it will be weird to not go trick or treating with my family this year. Halloween is on a Wednesday and I have to go to Awanas. Andy is taking the kids out with our friends.

I am thankful... for my mom and dad who helped me make Lily's Halloween costume.

In the kitchen...    steak (mmmmm....delish), cranberry stuffing (from the box but we love Stovetop around here), and green beans (which I managed to ruin somehow), raw carrots (Plan B)

I am wearing...    my red raspberry/cherry pajamas

I am creating...  a Happy Harvest banner

I am going...to try a new broccoli recipe this weekend for our family birthday get together

I am wondering...    how many times I'm going to talk about losing weight before I actually start to lose weight.
I am reading... Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese, really good read so far.

I am hoping... Lily's gymnastics show goes well this Thursday. She's only been to class like 4 times so I'm not sure what she's going to do; but I'm sure we will be in for some high comedy.

I am looking forward to... I have to be completely honest here, Breaking Dawn Part II coming out next month.

I am learning.....   that my greatest nemesis is ME.

Around the house...  I bought a boatload of zucchini, so I'll be slicing, grating, freezing and making some zucchini tots.

I am pondering...   the power of weather. With Super Storm Sandy here, I'm amazed and frightened by how not in control of the weather we are. How it can destroy cities in mere minutes. How God is the only one who can and does control nature.

A favorite quote for today... Lily: "Mommy, your job is to cook and play with me. Daddy, your job is to tell Henry 'No, No'. My job is to get spankings (so not true, by the way)."  Andy: "Don't I do anything else? What if I want to do something else?" Lily: "Daddy, we all have our jobs."

One of my favorite things... a porch full of pumpkins

A few plans for the rest of the week   hanging up a few more pictures, planning our family birthday party for Saturday, adding a few more fall decorations and organizing my desk.

A peek into my life... Dear Maui,
                                    It hasn't even been a month since I walked on your soft pillow-sand and
                                    I miss you  so.
                                    Yours truly,
                                    Jen



No comments: