Saturday, January 19, 2013

Happy Birthday, Lulu.

I've been neck deep in birthday prep this week because my sweet girl turned 5 yesterday.

5?








How did this happen? Just the other day, I was bringing her home on a rainy January afternoon.

Lily Grace,

When you were a baby I would sing "You Are My Sunshine" to you all the time. Many times as I rocked you to sleep at night. You have been just that, My Sunshine.

You are clever and quirky. You are beautiful and silly. You are unique and very funny. You are sentimental and sensitive. You have a fantastic memory and a wonderful imagination. You are loving and compassionate.

There really is not a day that goes by that you do not make me laugh. You are a daddy's girl, a very responsible and loving big sister, and my faithful side-kick. You are a wonderful "sleeping buddy" when daddy has to work at night.

I love our cuddle times at night as we watch Sprout or read a book. I love our "girl's time", even if it's just running to the store together. I love the little notes I find in my bedroom or under my pillow, love notes you've left for me. I love your many silly faces and your belly laughs. I love all the special dances you do for daddy and me. I love how you play with your brother and make him laugh.

I was so afraid that I wouldn't be a good mom or even have a clue what to do. You made it so easy..... to love being a mom. You've made my days brighter. You've made our family fun and exciting.

You are my happy.

I love you with my whole heart.

Happy Birthday, Lulu.

3 comments:

Sarah Kuhner said...

What a sweet post. I love all the pictures of Lilly. I think my favorite is the one of her looking up at the Christmas tree.

Stephanie said...

Loved reading this - not sure how I missed it!

Jen Bauer said...

Sarah, I Love that one, too.
Thanks, Steph.