Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!! 2013 is here and I'm so excited. The last 3 years of our lives here in Bauerland have been amazing, crazy, eventful, fun, overwhelming, surprising, scary, at times heartwrenching, hard, and so beautiful. I've come to realize that life will never go back to being the somewhat calm life we had before. With an almost 5 year old, a 18 month old and the adventures God has in store for us, this crazy, wonderful life IS our normal. 

2012 proved to be a bit more calm than the previous 2 years. A change we welcomed with open arms. Having baby number #2 turn into a very mobile little guy, moving to a new house and truly transitioning into being a SAHM still made it a busy and memorable year. God has been working on my heart in many ways and teaching me a lot about myself. At times this year was challenging; but the wonderful moments outweighed the hard ones by far!

In my determination to embrace my new phase of life, getting older and having little kids running around the house, I'm going to start my New Year off a little differently. 

I love to write New Year's Resolutions!! Love, love to. 
Lose 15 pounds.
Read 1 book a month.
Exercise 4 times a week.
Scrapbook Lily's first 5 years.
Do this. Do that. You get the picture.

All these things that I think will make my life better (and some of them would) are things I have never done!!!!! I absolutely love to write the lists, but rarely follow through. So I'm throwing the list out. I'm crumpling it up and scoring two points in the trash can. This year my New Year's Resolution is simply this...................................



Find My Happy Place


There will be some list making I'm sure. It's what I'm putting on those lists that will change.

What is truly going to make me and my family happy? And by happy, I mean content. It may not be what I've thought in the past. And I'm okay with that. I want to find out what it will take to get to that place of contentment I know the Lord desires for me. That I desire for me.

I've been thinking and praying a lot about this idea of contentment lately and I'm planning on lots of blog posts in the future on this very subject.

Though, I'm very excited to start the New Year, I'm equally excited to reflect on the past year and all the wonderful, silly, special, and happy moments God gave to our family. Thank you, 2012, for the  great year. I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store!

No comments: