Saturday, October 30, 2010

It's The Little Things


Today was a day with little happy surprises. It started with a visit to Andy's school. It was the last day of PT (Physical Training) so they had it for 8 straight hours. Phew! I get winded running up our stairs. I can't imagine 8 hours of hard physical exertion!! It was open to family so Lily and I stopped by for a visit.

At one point they were practicing cuffing each other. One of Andy's classmates had to pin him down and cuff him. Lily called out, "Be careful, Daddy, be careful!" and "Get up, Daddy, get up!" It was cute. Seeing Andy in action made me appreciate what he does and how hard he works at school.

After some errands, Lily and I were walking back to the car and it started to rain. Every time we are out and it rains, Lily looks for puddles to jump in. Well, today we found a good one and she had her rain boots on. It wasn't raining very hard so I told her to go for it. She had a blast splashing and I had a blast watching. I don't have a picture of this, but that's okay. This one will be a special memory that's just for me. I'll never forget how she looked in her pink raincoat, laughing and jumping in the rain.

On the way home I had to stop at Starbucks. Yes, I said "had to."

Much to my delight, they handed my tall non-fat latte' to me in.............A RED CUP!! Enough said.

It doesn't take much to make me happy.
Andy in action at the Academy.
I had to put a picture of my girl in. Andy and I took a picture of her one night after she fell asleep. So cute!


No comments: