Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Blessings

Wow, I'm a mom! I still can't believe it sometimes. On this Mother's Day, I'm thinking about how amazing my Lily Grace is and how thankful to God that he gave her to Andy and I. Everyday with her is an adventure. I'm laughing at something she says every day, often several times a day. And every time she says, "Mommy, I love you," my heart is
absolutely full.

And now I'm going to be a mom to our little boy. I don't think I'm really going to believe I'm having a boy until I see him. Thinking about being a mom of two, is a little overwhelming. Can I actually do this?? I just can't wait to meet him and hold him.

I've had 3 great examples of super moms, my mom and two older sisters. Growing up, it felt like I had 3 moms instead of one. My sisters are 9 and 11 years older than me. I didn't always like it (more so when I got older); but I'm pretty darn lucky to have so many woman who care about me and look out for me.

So, thank you God, for giving me the mom I have. For giving me sisters, who will be closer than any friend can be. And for giving me not just one, but two chances to be a mom myself. To feel that depth of love for another person and to be loved by them is truly a gift from God.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

You are going to be a wonderful mommy of two!!! I'm so excited for you!