Saturday, May 14, 2011

Summer Goals

It's been a week of mixed emotions for me. The school year is winding down....quickly I've had some first "lasts". My last Open House. My last staff meeting. And while some may think, "I bet she can't wait to be done!", I've definitely had my moments of fighting back tears.

Yes, I'm excited about not grading papers, no more staying late when I'd rather be home with my family, and I could go on. But, I've been teaching (and loving it) for many years and it's not just something you quit doing cold turkey. I knew it was going to be hard.

So, I usually have 2 summer goal lists. One is school goals for next year and the other is projects around the house. Honestly, I rarely make more than a dent in either list. This summer my list is much more simple, partly because I have no school projects to accomplish.

So here's my summer goals:


1.) Get ready for the baby, of course.

2.) Sleep.

3.) Learn how to retrieve messages from our home phone.

4.) Spend time just playing with Lily.

5.) Plant a garden with Lily.

6.) Sleep.

7.) Learn how to make a quilt (hint, hint Wendy ! ).

8.) Have family fun days with Andy and Lil. (Just days where we take fun day trips together.)

9.) Finish Lily’s First Year scrapbook. (Or maybe start it. I can’t remember.)

10.) Did I mention sleep? I really want to sleep.

I'm very excited about this list because I think I just might be able to accomplish each thing on my list. Can't wait to get started!

No comments: