Monday, October 7, 2013

A Small White Lamp

Day #3 Finding Joy in the Little Things:: A Small White Lamp
I have a thing about lamps in the kitchen. I love them. I think they look so cozy.

So the other day I walked past our kitchen counter and saw this small, silver lamp with a simple, plain, white shade sitting there, ever so innocently.

For a moment I thought the Hubs was letting his inner designer diva out. I was about to be impresssed.

"Where did that come from?"

"I'm selling it on Craigslist."

To whom and for how much?"

"A lady. For 10 bucks."

Someone had given us the lamp and Andy was going to make a little cashola off it.

This little gem was an Autumn miracle I tell you! We had recently taken out the fall decorations. I was carefully beginning to place my beloved fall items around the house.

This was going to do very nicely......yes, very nicely indeed.

"Do you want to keep it? It was only 10 bucks."

"Yes, and move it just a tad over. Perfect."

Perfect. Cozy. Small. Simple.

Pick just one thing to add to your house to give it that cozy feel. Something small; Something simple. It could make all the difference.

No comments: