Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Perfect Potato Soup

Day #4 Finding Joy in the Little Things:: Perfect Potato Soup

It's just a little thing really. Dinner. We eat it every day.

Sometimes it's a score. Sometimes it's a major fail. Usually it's just "fine". Nothing to sing about or post on Facebook.

But sometimes making the perfect meal (that didn't require days of prep, hours in the kitchen or a special trip to a fancy grocery store), well it's just perfect.

It all started when I happened to be browsing on Rhee Drummond's blog, The Pioneer Woman. Really, I don't why I don't use her recipes more often. Every one I make is delicious.

I had just made a potato soup in the crock pot that was "Meh."

As I scrolled through the directions and looked at the pictures I literally began to drool.

Just at that moment my 5 year old, who was supposed to be fast asleep came padding down the hallway. Instead of scolding her (gently) for being out of bed, I wrapped my arms around her and squeezed tight.

"I am SO going to make this soup. It's going to be amazing!"

"You're hurting me, mom."

"You're supposed to be in bed. Don't complain. And I'm so happy I found this recipe. I just have to squeeze you!"

Did all the hooplah live up to well, the hooplah?

You Betcha. It was Uh-Maz-Ing.

It was just dinner. Just a little thing. Sometimes, it's just the little things.

Try out a new recipe this month. Nothing fancy just new and cozy-like. It is October after all. Bless your family with it.

Here's the recipe. Perfect Potato Soup. I had the left overs tonight and it was just as good.

No comments: