Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Little Note

Day #2 Finding Joy in the Little Things:: A Little Note
* Sidenote: This is the 6th day of October and I should be on my 6th day of my 31 days of writing challenge. I am not, though. I'm hoping this week goes better as far as being consistent. If you    want to read my first post about the 31 Days Challenge click here.

Sometimes your husband needs to know he's a hero.

If you don't have one (and maybe don't want one!), it could just be someone in your life that is special to you. That has inspired you. Helped you. Or has just been there for you.

That someone was my husband. He started a new job last week. The night before his first day, I wrote him a letter. The letter just let him know how proud I was of him and how much I appreciated him.

Nothing fancy. Just handwritten on blank, white paper.

He's not my hero just because he got this job. Though, he's worked towards this job for years. It hasn't been easy to come by. There were many bumps and detours along the road that led him to where he is now. He never gave up. He never wavered. He persevered. Yup, I'm just a wee bit proud!

He's my hero for so many more reasons. That's what I wrote about to him.

Does someone you care for need to know how special they are to you? That they've made a difference in your life? That they are your hero?

It doesn't need to be expressed in skywriting or rhyming couplets. Just a simple little note will do.

No comments: