Monday, June 13, 2011

Day # 3- Blog Challenge

Day 3- A thing that’s on your mind.

Yikes. Just one thing?

What isn’t on my mind these days?

Since I sit most of the day and am not nearly as busy as I usually am, I’ve found that I have plenty of time to think. At times, my thoughts (which almost always turn into worries) run willy nilly in my mind.

I don’t like it.

But I guess one big thing that’s been on my mind (besides the constant prayer of, “Lord, just let me make it to at least 36 weeks. Please!”) is the fact that God doesn’t bring situations or people into our lives for no reason. There is always a reason; there is always a plan.

I know He’s trying to teach me a lot through this pregnancy. Faith being the big one. And I know through the next several weeks He’ll show more, if I just take the time to really listen. The last two weeks, I’ve had my own church at home. I’ve been listening to sermons on line and some Charles Stanley on the t.v. Both weeks, the idea of us being too busy have been main points in the lesson. Too busy to pray, too busy to spend time reading God’s Word, too busy to notice the needs of people around us. Maybe that’s the other lesson God is literally forcing me to learn.

Well, that’s it. I could go on; but the challenge was one thing. And you probably don’t want to know everything on mind. That could be a little scary!!

No comments: