Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Life at Hotel Kaiser

I thought I’d do another post on hospital life, a positive one.

I really need to stay positive today because Lily left with her grandparents and I won’t see her for at least a few days. This is harder than I could have imagined, being away from her. So…. the name of the game today is to think happy thoughts.

There are some perks to being in a hospital on bed rest. While I hate not being able to anything for myself…. I don’t have to do anything!!! Here’s the Top Ten Perks to living in Hotel Kaiser.

1.) I get every meal brought to me. No cooking no clean –up. (Yes, it is hospital food; but I’m focusing on the positive here!)

2.) They change my linen everyday! If only my family had it that good!

3.) If I need the tiniest thing, a cup of ice, an extra pillow- you name it!, I press a little red button and someone comes within seconds.

4.) Someone cleans my bathroom and mops my floor everyday.

5.) My number one job (and only job) is to relax! When’s the last time someone has told you that?

6.) I’ve spent more time alone with Andy in the last week than I have in the last year and a half. (With him going to Academy and then right into FTO, alone time has been few and far between.)

7.) The hospital is air conditioned; my house is not.

8.) I’m always in charge of the remote control. Hey, who’s going to argue with a pregnant, bed-ridden lady?

9.) Being here has put some things in my life back into the correct perspective; that I think were a little out of wack. I am forced to focus on what is truly important and the other stupid fluffy stuff just doesn’t matter; it falls by the wayside.

10.)Hey, I thought 9 was pretty good. I am in a hospital after all!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Great attitude Jen!!!!! Way to focus on the positive - - -it is amazing how things like this can help us put what really matters into perspective!

Jamie said...

I'm glad that you are looking at the bright side. I wish I had air conditioning! :) I'm also glad you were able to spend some time with Lily.
Still praying for you!

Wendy said...

Jen, you're doing a fantastic job of staying positive! I'm inspired by your response to a difficult situation and your choice to glorify God. Still praying for you and Bauer Boy!