Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day #4- Blog Challenge



Me and my sis



My sister, Me, Lil and Niece Lauren

Day 5- Someone I miss

First, let me just say that if today had been Day #4 of the challenge my goal would have been for me to make it to 36 weeks before I have this baby. Now, I’m not sure if that’s just wishful thinking.

So I write today’s challenge from my hospital bed. 2 visits in 2 weeks. If I have to go back again, I get to stay in the hospital until Bauer Boy is born. Let’s pray that this is the only blog I write from a hospital bed!

Ok, someone I miss. Easy. My sister, Patricia. Growing up we lived in the same town (after she got married). Then they moved to South Dakota for a few years. Then they moved back to California and moved to Santa Rosa where I joined them a few years later. Up until about 6 years ago, we taught together at RVC and one year we even taught 3rd grade together (She had one section and I had the other.). 6 years ago her family moved to Colorado.

The last time I went to visit her (last summer), Lily and I took a girl’s trip together. We had so much fun. My niece (Lauren), Patricia and I went to see a movie. The movie was sweet and predictable. It was “ok”; but seeing it with them was hilarious! When my sister and I get together we are very silly. I miss the silliness.

I love to see her play with Lily as well as my niece and nephew and brother – in –law. I wish Lily could be with them more often. She comes to visit us, too. But visits are few and far between. I’m actually supposed to be in Colorado this week with Lily. But due to this darn bed rest, we will have to use the tickets another time.

I can talk to my sister about anything, more than I can with anyone else. So I miss her not being around even though she is just a phone call away.

It’s funny because when I was little, she was just like another mom to me (She’s nine years older.); but as the years have progressed she’s truly become my dearest friend. Love you, sister.

No comments: