Saturday, August 25, 2012

Lily's First Haircut..... It only took 4 and a half years!

This title is just slightly untrue. When Lily was somewhere b/t one and two years old, I decided to trim her uneven mullet. Her hair was curly at  the bottom when she was little, though. She had the most darling little ringlets. After I attempted to snip one ringlet, I knew I could NOT cut hair, let alone curly hair.

Fast forward 3 years............

I was sad at first, to have Lil's hair trimmed. I knew she would loose all that white blonde baby hair at the bottom of her very long and very tangly hair. Why was I so attached to hair?!? After her trim, her hair looked so healthy and beautiful. And I have some of that baby hair in a baggie for the old scrapbook.

Love these pictures to remember a fun and special "girl's day" as we called it.
 Before the trim.  Still a little wet from her bath.

 Getting ready.

 It wouldn't be Lily without at least one silly pose.



 So pretty.


 Going to Sift for a whoopie cookie and a cupcake completed our "girl's day".
 OMG......Lemon...........Perfection..............Enough said.

2 comments:

Sarah Kuhner said...

How fun to have a girls day with mommy. Her hair looks really cute. Hopefully it will be easier to brush and manage. I love the silly picture. She can always make me laugh.

Wendy said...

Lily is one of the funniest kids I know, and her new hairdo looks fabulous! Also, you reminded me that I really need to try a whoopie cookie sometime. :)