Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Simple Woman's Daybook





So I must begin this post by saying, I love my friend Wendy's blog, The Delighted Life. Awhile back she used to do these posts called The Simple Woman's Daybook. I loved reading them! So, I'm stealing her idea. I really enjoyed writing a post in this format. I think I'll do it again.


 For today, Thursday, August 16th

Outside my window...       Andy is installing new watering hoses in our backyard.

I am thinking...     that I can't believe school starts in 4 days!! I'm not ready for summer to be over yet!

I am thankful...    that I get to stay home again this year. I guess I'm doing this stay at home mom gig for reals.

In the kitchen...        nothing tonight. We are going to a back to school bbq.

I am wearing...       a black knee length cotton dress. Nothing fancy, totally casual.

I am creating...      a new recipe binder and meal planning binder.

I am going...       to walk the kids to our school bbq tonight. That's a perk of living 3 block away from school.

I am wondering...      how I'm going to get Lily to school on time this year. The Bauers aren't the most timely folk.

I am reading...    I actually just finished the Scarlet Thread by Francine Rivers, so I'm shopping for a new read.

I am hoping...     this school year goes by SLOWLY. Lily will be going to school 3 days a week and next year will be full time. It already makes me sad thinking about it. I'm going to savor her not being in school full-time yet.

I am looking forward to...      the First Day Of School. Despite all my boo-hooing, I love, love school. It's the teacher in me. I get really excited.

I am learning.....        boys are way different than girls.

Around the house...        putting away a few final things from Andy and Lily's daddy/daughter camping trip and getting clothes ready for consignment next month.

I am pondering...         why God does not answer our prayers with a yes when it seems so desperately to be the right answer. I am learning that trusting God can be painful; but I know you can never go wrong in doing so.

A favorite quote for today...    "Faith in God includes faith in His timing."  Neal A. Maxwell

One of my favorite things...        cuddling with my kids in the morning, watching cartoons.

A few plans for the rest of the week....           grocery shopping and some school clothes shopping for Lil.

A peek into my day...            Lily with her school bud Edward at her Pre-K play date today.




A Simple Woman's Daybook

4 comments:

Wendy said...

You're sweet. :) I do miss doing those, I should probably get back to it when school starts and I have more time to write. Sorry to have missed you at BTS night, it was so crazy hectic trying to find everything I needed and I didn't get a chance to visit much!

Jen Bauer said...

I didn't even see you there! But then a again, I was chasing after 2 kids!

allisamazing said...

What a great quote! Have a wonderful week.

Sarah Kuhner said...

Finally got all caught up reading your blog posts. Love all the little details about life and your sweet kids. This was a fun concept for a blog.