Monday, August 27, 2012

My Simple Woman's Daybook









 For today, Monday, August 27th
Outside my window...  Clear blue skies and my beautiful rosebush.

I am thinking...  I feel so much better today than I did this weekend.

I am thankful...   that Andy worked it so that he can go into work at 9 p.m. instead of 5 p.m. last night. This meant that he did bedtime since I was sick with a bit of a fever. Boo!! to fevers !!

In the kitchen...    Parmesan Pesto Chicken Stuffed Shells. These are an extra batch made from earlier in the week. I definitely did not cook this weekend. I'm not that crazy!

I am wearing...  dark blue jeans, lavendar striped t-shirt w/ a lavendar cardigan sweater and my black converse all-stars.

I am creating...  the new recipe binder and meal planning binder are almost complete. Just have to add a few more things.

I am going...   to do lots of laundry today! Whoo Hoo! Don't you wish you were me?

I am wondering...   why it's so hard for me to keep up on the laundry. I can wash the clothes and I can fold the clothes; but there is something about putting the clothes away. That's where it all falls apart.

I am reading...  Several blogs and pinterest posts on making quiet time independent  activities (busy bags) for Lily to do in the afternoon when I need some quiet time.

I am hoping...  that I get more sleep tonight than I did last night. Only 5 hours.

I am looking forward to...   an afternoon to myself sometime this week, promised by my husband. I'm thinking Joanne's, Micheal's and maybe Barnes and Nobles.

I am learning.....  I just can't do non-fat creamer. It's the real thing or it's nothing at all.

Around the house... doing laundry (Bleh!), cleaning up breakfast dishes, and getting clothes ready for the big consignment sale next week.

I am pondering...  how blessed I was to be saved at an early age. I pray that my kids make that decision early on. I also pray that I don't miss the opportunity to share the gospel with them because I get so busy trying to get "things' done. 

A favorite quote for today...  "Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?" Phyllis Diller

One of my favorite things...  my morning coffee with REAL FULL FAT creamer

A few plans for the rest of the week....   grocery shopping, tagging many clothes for a consignment sale next week, spending an afternoon all by myself, watching a movie with a good friend this weekend.

A peek into my day...     

Playing with the blocks. This is his new favorite thing to do.

My Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: