Sunday, November 18, 2012

Church Family: 30 Days of Thankfulness

Day 18: My Church Family

12 years ago I got married to the Pastor's son. Are you singing "Son of a Preacher Man" right now? I am.

Being new to the church, there were many people I didn't know. Often someone would come up and talk to me or say hi in passing. I'd make small talk and nod and as soon as they walked away I would lean over to Andy and whisper, "Who was that?"

As these 12 years have seemingly slipped by, those nameless faces have truly become my church family. Many of those people have become close friends, some are like my extended family. They've prayed for my family, have showed they care and are interested in my life, they've loved my kids and have helped Andy and I teach them about God.

And what is so cool is that this family grows! While some sadly move away or go to another church, new brothers and sisters in the Lord join. There are new friends to be made, new relationships to form.

So on this Sunday I'm so very thankful for my family at SRBC.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

But the best part is that your "church family" is your church family no matter where we are. That is the beauty of the body of Christ. We are the church and that isn't limited to a location.

Jen Bauer said...

So true, Steph:)