Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday: Holiday Movies

Day 14: Holiday Movies: 30 Days of Thankfulness

I thought I would combine my What I'm Loving Wednesday and my Thankfulness posts.

I'm thankful for our tradition of watching holiday movies, starting at Thanksgiving time with Planes, Trains and Automobiles, because it brings our family together. We create memories because we are spending time together. It's not just with little H, Lil, Andy and I. We watch these movies with family and friends. It's something we look forward  to every year. I hope it's a tradition our kids will carry on.

So here's what I'm loving on this fine fall Wednesday......My favorite Holiday Movies:

1.)Planes, Trains and Automobiles- which we always watch at Thanksgiving, which is always hilarious even though we have the movie memorized. Who doesn't love Steve Martin? and John Candy? (RIP)




2.)Miracle on 34th Street- I like the old and new version.
3.)Elf- no explanation needed for this one. "You smell like beef and cheese!"

 4.)Charlie Brown Christmas-I would always show this one to my students. Now, I show it to Lily.

5.)It's A Wonderful Life- This is such a close second to my all time favorite. I always cry during this one.



6.)White Christmas-Best. Christmas. Movie. Ever. Bing was a shorty; but boy, could he croon. If you haven't watched the "Mandy" dance number and ached with laughter, you haven't paid close enough attention. Watch it again. Trust me.

There are other movies I like to watch during the holidays. These are my must haves, though. And in one short week, the holiday movie viewing will begin.

So excited.

So break out the cozy socks, popcorn, hot chocolate and snuggie. The holidays are here!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I loved this post - love those movies! Hope you get to watch your all time fav with me when I am there, "The Holiday" - lol :)