Thursday, November 29, 2012

My Sister: 30 Days of Thankfulness

Day 29: My Sister

I should say my sisters. I have two wonderful sisters who for so many years looked after me like Mama #2 and #3. They always have my back and they are pretty darn funny.

I'm posting about my sister, Patricia, today because we did something awesome this afternoon. I'll get to what we did in a minute. She lives in Colorado now, so I don't get to see her but maybe a couple of times a year. I giggle a lot with her and act super silly. I love it. She also gives real solid advice, which I need from time to time. She loves on my kids and when I was young, I clocked a lot of hours spending time with her kids. (Who are now 21 and 19. Yikes!!) Her hubby taught me to drive ( My whole family is thankful for that one!)

She's a pretty great sister and though our personalities are pretty different, we have something in common........our love of Twilight. Yes, they are silly and totally unrealistic movies; but we love them and are not ashamed of it. We've never been able to see a Twilight movie because she lives 3 states away. Not this time, though. How fitting that for the final installment of Twilight, we were able to go see it together. And, let me say, it did not disappoint. Team Edward!!


No comments: