Wednesday, November 7, 2012

God's Sovereignty: 30 Days of Thankfulness

Day 7: God's Sovereignty

So the person I voted for President did not win.

I really thought Romney would win.

I just don't get it.

I do not talk politics, by any means. A lot of it just goes over my head. I talk to my dad about politics because that is what my dad talks about most of the time! I want to understand more; but I don't put the time into reading about it, discussing it, etc., to really have an intellectual conversation about it.

It's pretty simple for me.

I will not vote for someone who does not believe in the sanctity of life or in the true definition of marriage. Plain and Simple.

I know there are so many more issues than those two that are so very important. God is so clear, though, about when life begins and how He views homosexuality. I'm not going to preach a sermon here; but I am afraid for our country and how there is such a disregard for what God regards as precious.

At the of the day, every day, it doesn't matter who has the title. God is sovereign and He knows what will happen before it happens. As His child I do not need to fear man. Instead, I will pray. I will pray for eyes to be open to His truth. I will pray that I will be bold for Christ and try to point others to the Truth.

I'm thankful that my happiness and my future does not depend on my circumstances or the actions of others. God is sovereign and I rest in that.

No comments: