Monday, November 19, 2012

Food on the Table: 30 Days of Thankfulness

Day 19: Food on the Table

After dropping off Lil at school this morning, I headed out and began my strategically planned Thanksgiving dinner shopping outing. Safeway to buy drinks (because they were on sale) and apples (because I needed the biggest variety to choose from for my pie), then Target for the main part of my shopping and finally off to Costco (because where else can you buy 20 lbs of potatoes for $4.59?)

Does anyone need a potato or two?

I had my list and a certain amount of time to get it done before having to pick up Lily from school. In the midst of my checking off lists and  price comparing, I looked down at my cart full of food. I had everything I needed and them some to help make a huge Thanksgiving meal.

There are times when I feel like I have to go without. We are on one income and have to make sacrifices. But the truth is, we are so very rich. We have a warm home, clothes on our backs, the Red Menace to drive in, a pantry full of food. Compared to so many I live like a queen.

Thank you Lord, for the food I put in my mouth each day, for never having to go without the medicine I need to heal sickness, for always having clothes to wear, for never having to go without shoes, for having a roof over my head and a comfortable bed to sleep in at night. Please convict me and reprimand me when I feel like I have to go without or feel sorry for myself when I see others that have more than me. Give me a heart to help those who really are in need.

Amen.

No comments: