Thursday, November 1, 2012

He Called Me Mama

It's November. Where did the year go? The shelves were lined with Christmas "stuff" when I popped into CVS this afternoon. Before we know it, we'll be watching White Christmas and driving around town looking at Christmas lights.

I love the Thanksgiving season, though, and I don't want it to zip by without really stopping to enjoy all the wonderful things of November.

Of course, Thanksgiving makes us stop and focus on all the good things God has given us.

My hope is to post something I'm thankful for each day in November. Realistically, with 2 kids and a busy schedule, if that actually happens I'll be pleasantly shocked. I will have posted 30 things I am thankful for by the end of the month, though.

It's actually so cool that today is the day that Little H followed me into the kitchen and said to me, "Mama!" Clear as day. Not just a frustrated string of "Mamamamammama.....because I'm upset or want something."

"Mama."

Are you tearing up? I'm in tears.

He did it a couple more times; but never when I tried to get him to do it, of course.






Thank you, God, for my son. For my happy, curious, energetic, short-tempered, hazel eyed, cuddly boy. I feel so blessed to be his Mama.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

You know I'm tearing up...he is just the most precious little guy!

Sarah Kuhner said...

What a blessing you have.