Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Change......I 'd rather have the kind that you find in your pocket: A Month of Thankfulness........ Day 17

I like to think of myself as easy going and up for anything.

"Want to take an impromptu road trip?" "Sure, I'll go."

"Sorry, the plans have changed last minute." "Oh, no big deal."

"Oops, I forgot to bring the money I owe you." "Don't sweat it. Pay whenever you can."

I like to think of myself as that kind of person. But the truth is, I don't like change. At least not when I don't know exactly how things are going to change.

I have a certain dish I get at every restaurant I go to. I hardly ever waver. I get the same thing at Starbucks EVERY time I go. I have the same few favorite movies that I watch over and over again. I'm pretty predictable. And I like it that way.

Well, life is about to change in the Bauer house. So many things are happening. It's quite exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time. But this story is rather long with twists and turns. It's a real page turner. So I can't possibly tell this story in one blog post. So consider this part one.

Once upon a time there was a boy named Andy. He said to his lovely wife one day, "I think I want to be a police officer.........."

Change is scary; but when it comes from the Lord, it's all good. He gives good things to us and for that I am very thankful.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

God's plans are always best - - we are excited for you all and know God has great things in store - just as I put on my blog - Ps. 103 - satisfies your desires with good things! :) Praying for you!

Jen Bauer said...

Thanks, Steph. So true.