Tuesday, November 16, 2010

God's Word: A Month of Thankfulness.........Day 16

Proverbs 3: 5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.

Have you ever traveled on a road that was so bended and curvy you couldn't see more than a few feet in front of you? You drive on high alert, constantly anticipating what is coming around the next bend.

That's how I feel these days. I'm not quite sure what's up ahead; but I know things are changing. I don't feel prepared. I honestly don't feel up to the challenge. I want to see all the way to the end of the road; but I can't.

For someone who rarely freaks out about anything; I've been having some freak outs. I'm worrying.

Doesn't God say not to worry? Doesn't he say that his yoke is easy and his burden is light? Doesn't he say that he will direct my paths, my family's paths?

Trust in the Lord. Just trust.

God is good. He is faithful. His Word is true. It lights the most curviest and darkest of paths. I know I've already written a post about God's Word this month. I figured another one was okay because that is what I'm truly thankful for today.

Lord, when I worry, help me to turn to your Word to guide and comfort me. Amen.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Amen, Jen! I so need to hear this, thanks for the reminder.

Stephanie said...

Excellent words - thanks for sharing this -