Monday, November 1, 2010

Lily's First Day Of School......and the Giants are World Series champions!!!


The Giants won!!! Whooo Hoooo!!! Okay, enough said for now.I will be making a baseball post in the very near future. But, this post is about Lily.

My girl has officially begun her school career. She had a very good first day of school.

I teared up and my throat tightened but, I didn't cry. Andy and I walked her in her classroom and she acted as if she'd always been there. Granted, she's on campus at least twice a week and knows all the teachers by their first names. I could see I had nothing to worry about. After I hovered for a bit and Andy took enough video, it was time for us to leave. She gave me a kiss and barely a sideways glance. (Though, she asked Andy if he could stay and play with her. Sweet!) Then I was off to work.

Sigh...........

I thought about my girl all day. Will she tell her teachers when she has to go to the bathroom? Will she sit on the carpet and be a good listener? How will she nap? The report at the end of the day was great and she was so happy. I think she would have stayed if I had let her.

I got to see her several times today, which is wonderful. It helps me not to miss her as much.

God is good and I'm very thankful.

No comments: